Hampshire Fire & Rescue Service Control reported fire in hold or holds of a bulk carrier berthed at Southampton Western Docks at around 1400 UTC May 25. The ship is loading scrap, which is on fire. The ship wasn’t identified, but according to AIS data, it’s Greek bulk carrier SIRINA. Photos of fire from Daily Echo dailyecho.co.uk
Bulk carrier SIRINA, IMO 9230127, dwt 50170, built 2001, flag Malta, manager EASTERN MEDITERRANEAN MTME-LIE.




Erofey is a Merchant Marine Captain with more than 20 years experience in commanding oil tankers. He works as a Captain, being most of his time at sea. He contributes maritime news.

Maritime and Crimean Shipping News

More pics and videos via this link

Crews tackle fire on board cargo ship in Southampton

Cargo ship on fireImage copyrightHAMPSHIRE FIRE AND RESCUE
Image captionThe fire started in the hold of the cargo ship which was in dry dock
A scrap metal fire on-board a 28,000-tonne cargo ship has continued to burn overnight. 
More than 60 firefighters were tackling the flames at the height of the blaze after being called to Western Docks in Southampton at 14:00 BST on Friday.
The bulk carrier, Sirina, was sitting in dry dock when scrap metal in its cargo hold ignited.
No injuries were reported. About 30 firefighters remained at the scene on Saturday morning.
Residents in nearby Millbrook and Marchwood were advised to keep windows closed due to the amount of smoke in the air.
Southampton cargo ship fireImage copyrightHFRS
Image captionFirefighters worked through the night to bring the blaze under control
Group manager Dan Tasker, of Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service, said when crews first arrived smoke was billowing from one of the ship's holds containing about 10,000 tonnes of scrap metal.
"It was very quickly apparent to us that the fire was about 16 metres down into the scrap metal itself," he said. 
"There was no way we were going to be able to put that fire out until we'd taken a lot of that metal out so we could access the scene of the fire."
Mr Tasker added that firefighters had worked in "really difficult conditions" as crews tried to remove scrap metal "at the same rate we were putting water in".